Armenian-German Department of Pathology.
Armenian-German Department of Pathology has been opened in MC Erebouni in 2018. It is unique in its kind, where all types of histologic, histochemical examinations are being carried out. Cytological and immunohistochemical studies are also carried out in the department. During the surgery, histologic and cytological examinations are carried out within a few minutes, allowing the surgeon to correctly orientate and determine the volume of surgery. Accurate information about the degree of infection can help prevent further complications and repeated surgeries.
In Armenian-German Department of Pathology of MC Erebouni examinations are performed by modern automated equipment, World Health Organization Guidelines and materials produced by the world's top companies (Zytomed, Leica, Bio-optica).
In complicated diagnoses and suspected cases, the department collaborates with the best experts in the field of histopathology and cytology to get a second opinion: Professors Thomas Schubert, Dietmar Kuntze, Peter Dalkin, Dr. Gerkhardt Shtaukh, Alien Goley. It should be noted that these specialists are also consultants at the Armenian-German Department of Pathology of MC Erebouni.
Test results are given very quickly:
· Express intraoperative histologic and cytological examinations are carried out within 15 minutes
· Cytological examinations are carried out within a day
· Cytological examination of small size of biopsy are carried out within 2 days
· Examinations of a large postoperative materials are carried out within 3-4 days
· Immunohistochemical examinations are carried out on the second work day after transfer of paraffin blocks
Here are diagnosed tumor and non-tumor diseases of all organs of the human body.
Specialists of the Department have been trained in the leading clinics of Russia and Europe.
The department is headed by Professor Anna Khachatryan.
The department is equipped with the latest generation equipment and materials produced by the world's top companies (Zytomed, Leica, Bio-optica).