Department of Gastroenterology of Erebouni Medical Centre realizes the diagnostics and the treatment of the patients with pathology of gastro-intestinal tract:
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcers of stomach and duodenum
- Hepatitis of various genesis
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Diseases of biliary tract
The Center serves more than 8500 patients per year.
The number of gastrointestinal chronic diseases is increasing every year. In the early stages of the disease people do not apply to the gastroenterologist for help. They, begin self-treatment and often losing precious time. The diseases of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, small and large intestine, pancreas, liver, biliary tract can often become chronic, as well as contribute to the emergence of allergic reactions, many skin diseases, joints, endocrine system and the appearance of food intolerance. This can have a significant impact on quality of life, becoming a cause of disability and even depression, leading to the appearance of cholelithiasis and urolithiasis, diabetes and other diseases.
Therefore, it is necessary and important timely begin treatment of patients by specialists. The earlier treatment is started, the more effective it is that makes it possible to avoid the recurrence of the disease in the future.
Indications for patients to apply to specialized consultation and treatment of gastroenterologist are:
- Heartburn, eructation, nausea, bitter taste and dryness in the mouth
- Presence of abdominal pains
- Appetite loss
- Weight loss
- Periodic feeling of heaviness in the upper parts of the stomach
- Problems with bowels (unstable stool, constipation, meteorism, sense of discomfort in the lower parts of abdomen).
The Department is able to organize all modern methods of diagnostics including all possible markers of virus hepatitis, endoscopy (fibrogastroduodenoscopy, with simultaneous definition of gastric acid and Helicobacter pylori; colonoscopy, proctosigmoidoscopy, cholangiopancreatography), needle biopsy, ultrasound examination of gastrointestinal organs and abdomеn, magnetic resonance and computed tomography.
During inpatient treatment of gastroenterological diseases the diet therapy, drug therapy, herbal medicine, extensive physiotherapy, laser therapy is used in accordance with current international requirements and standards for treatment. On the basis of the individual characteristics of the human body and the results of all diagnostics tests an individual treatment schedule is developed for each patient in which the daily routine, lifestyle and dietary patterns is taken in consideration.
In its diagnostic and treatment activities the department of gastroenterology is working closely with specialists from other specialized departments of MC Erebouni: endoscopy, general and abdominal surgery, endocrinology, minimally invasive surgery, and others. In case if during diagnostic examination of the patients are revealed the situation or disease which requires surgical correction and treatment (e.g. cholelithiasis or a peptic ulcer), patients are transferred to the appropriate department, where they undergo highly qualified surgery such as open or minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery.
Alongside with diagnostic facilities of diagnostic clinic of MC Erebouni the department additionaly use some clinical tests, which give the opportunity to identify rare and difficult diagnosed syndromes and diseases, and those diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which are due to constant migration.
- clinical and laboratory
- ultrasound (US)
- computed tomography (CT).
- Definition HP (microbe Helicobacter pilori) in biopsies during endoscopic examination of the stomach and the blood by ELISA.
- Percutaneous liver biopsy to address the diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases (hepatitis, cirrhosis).
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELIZA) for antibodies to gliadin - for early diagnosis of celiac disease.
- ELIZA mitochondrial antibodies - diagnosis of primary biliary cirrhosis.
Department provides treatment of patients with the following disorders of the gastrointestinal tract:
- I ncompetence of the cardiаc orifice
- Reflex gastro-esophageal disease (erosive, non-erosive),
- Ulcer of duodenum and stomach;
- Gastritis of various genesis;
- Non-ulcerous functional dyspepsia
- Hepatitis of various genesis
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Chronic cholecystitis
- Biliary dyskinesia
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Syndrome of irritated intestine
- Functional constipation
- Chronic constipation
- Colitis, Crohn’s disease
- Diverticular disease of colon
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis
The department uses the latest achievements of medicine, improved methods of diagnosis and treatment strategy including
- Medicinal treatment
- Diet therapy
- Phytotherapy (herbal remedies)
- Laser therapy
|Alla Gasparyan, MD Write a letter Head of Gastroenterology Department gastroenterologist PhD Associate Professor|
|Nelly Ekmalyan, MD Write a letter gastroenterologist||Angela Grigoryan, MD Write a letter gastroenterologist|
|Susanna Petrosyan, MD Write a letter gastroenterologist||Ani Qocharyan, MD Write a letter gastroenterologist|
|Angela Khachatryan, MD Write a letter gastroenterologist||Tamara Kanayan, MD Write a letter gastroenterologist|
|Kristina Jamalyan Write a letter allergist- immunologist PhD Associate Professor||Manvel Paskevichyan Write a letter gastroenterologist|