General & Laparoscopic Surgery Department
Laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery is considered an innovative surgical technique, and it has a number of advantages over traditional surgery. Laparoscopic surgery for abdominal and pelvic organs, without a traditional incision, using the latest technology are less traumatic for the patient with the lower chance of bleeding and lower levels of postoperative complications, short period of hospitalization (1-2 days), rapid rehabilitation and excellent cosmetic effect.
Laparoscopic surgery is considered as a breakthrough in the field of surgery and in many cases it has replaced traditional surgery. It provides a higher precision and higher quality for different surgical procedures. At the same time, laparoscopic surgery requires high skill and experience of the surgeon in work with medical equipment designed for performance of such surgery intervention.
Department of General and Laparoscopic Surgery at the Erebouni Medical Center was founded in February 1993.
The range of surgical intervention in this department is quite wide: from cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) to gastrectomy (removal of the stomach).
In the department of general and laparoscopic surgery is carried out the following types of laparoscopic surgery:
- laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, hernia repair with open access and/or laparoscopic techniques
- laparoscopic liver surgery
- laparoscopic procedures in the case of liver abscesses
- laparoscopic fundoplication (Nessen's operation) (in hernia of the diaphragm)
- laparoscopic hemicolectomy
- laparoscopic dissection of adhesions (in bowel obstruction)
- stitching of perforation of stomach and/or duodenal ulcer with open access or laparoscopic techniques
- diagnostic laparoscopy
- bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery)
Almost all of the laparoscopic intervention in the department is carried out under general anesthesia. During the operation, the abdominal cavity filled with CO2 gas to facilitate viewing through camera that allows to see the abdominal cavity on the screen.
Laparoscopic surgery requires a high level of professionalism and skills of the surgeon, and may be performed for patients of all ages.
Department is equipped with a full range of advanced equipment from leading European companies.
The priorities of department's activity are:
- Laparoscopic colectomy - a method of treatment of colorectal cancer when removing the rectum and colon.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy relates to methods of obesity treating. During the intervention, the stomach takes the form of a sleeve because part of it lengthwise to the longitudinal axis is removed.
- Laparoscopic Gastro bypass intervention is the method of treatment of obesity when the reservoir in the upper part of the stomach is created.
- Laparoscopic resection of the small bowel – it is removing the part of the small intestine in patients with the tumors, Crohn's disease, duodenal ulcer, acute intestinal obstruction, hernia and other diseases.
- Laparoscopic hernioplasty is a minimally invasive surgery to remove an umbilical hernia.
- Laparoscopic removal of the spleen.
|Yuri Harutyunyan MD Write a letter Head of General & Laparoscopic Surgery Department surgery Grand PhD (d.m.s.) Professor|
|Ara Meliqyan MD Write a letter surgeon||Armen Sahakyan Write a letter surgeon|
|Karen Mkhitaryan Write a letter surgeon||Saribek Saharyan MD Write a letter surgeon|
|Tigran Ghandilyan Write a letter surgeon||Tigran Araqelyan Write a letter surgeon|
|Ptukyan David Write a letter surgeon|
- 25.09.2015 - Gastrectomy is the “gold standard” of stomach cancer treatment
- 01.07.2015 -
- 01.07.2015 -
- 08.04.2015 -