Тhe Department of Coloproctology of MC Erebouni performes diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the rectum and colon, including the most severe patients that suffering from cancer, inflammatory or diverticular diseases of the colon. In the treatment of patients the contemporary international protocols and high-tech minimally invasive techniques are used. This is result the decreasing of the period of post operative rehabilitation.
The basic principle of the Department activity is a minimal period of hospitalization at the maximal efficiency of the provided treatment. To perform such activity the department is equipped with all necessary contemporary diagnostic and therapeutic equipments.
The performacne of endoscopic procedures (colonoscopy and gastroscopy) under the medicated sleep, the use of modern X-ray systems, the widespread use of computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound equipment helps to conduct patient examination on outpatient basis or in hospital very fast and with the greatest comfort for patient. Being the part of multiprofile clinic the Department has the unique opportunity to provide the treatment of patients with severe complicated diseases with various comorbidities, perform multisteps plastic surgical interventions and provide complete rehabilitation program for the patients in postoperative stage.
The Department performs the following surgical intervention:
- hemorrhoidectomy (open surgery)
- hemorrhoidectomy (transanal desarterisation of internal hemorrhoids – “one day surgery”)
- anal fissure,
- perianal fistulas,
- pilonidal sinuses,
- transanal removal of tumors of the rectum and anal canal,
- pointed condyloma,
- failure of the anal sphincter (incontinence)
- rectovaginal fistula,
- tumor anus and the colon,
- latex ligation of hemorrhoids,
- infrared coagulation of hemorrhoids,
- Remove the outer elements (apparatus Surgitron),
- excision of chronic anal fissure (machine Surgitron),
- removal of hemorrhoids blood clots (thrombectomy device Surgitron),
- Conservative treatment of hemorrhoids and anal fissure.
Department of Coloproctology is equipped with the most modern equipment designed to diagnose and perform the entire spectrum of coloproctological surgery.
Surgery Department is the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the organs of abdomen, pelvis and perineum.
The department is carried out:
- minimally invasive outpatient surgical intervention in the early stages of hemorrhoids - ligation of hemorrhoids with the latex rings, sclerotherapy, infrared coagulation, and other options for minimally invasive interventions.
- Radical surgery for hemorrhoids and anal fissures, anorectal abscesses and fistulas, anal sphincter insufficiency. The use of such high-tech equipment as transanal desarterisation technique of internal hemorrhoids under the Doppler control alongside with lifting of the mucosa, (THD), low-impact tool for tissue coagulation LigaSure, the use of absorbable sutures and individual feeders with anesthetics allows to minimize the pain in the postoperative period and reduce the length of stay in hospital.
- Unique minimal traumatic surgery in various diseases of the perineum and pelvic floor - obstructive defecation syndrom, rectocele, rectal prolapse. A complete set of preoperative examination (transrectal and transvaginal ultrasound, anorectal manometry, uroflowmetry,) allows providing an accurate differential diagnosis of the disease and choosing the best individual method of treatment of this group of patients.
- Minimally invasive interventions for benign diseases of the rectum and colon. Commonly used the method of transanal removing of villous tumors of the rectum, which allows avoiding of open abdominal surgery.
- Treatment of malignant tumors of the colon and rectum. Performance of such intervention includes meticulous observance of all principles of radicalism, extended lymphadenectomy procedure implementation that provides high efficacy of treatment and increase of survival. In case of localized tumors that involves in the process the adjacent organs and major blood vessels, performed the advanced surgery with radical reconstructive phase, which provides a good quality of life of patients after surgery.
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory diseases of the colon is performed according to adopted protocols of treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease), thus preserving the natural course of the intestine.
- Reconstructive plastic surgery in patients with a stoma after obstructive resections. This kind of high - tech surgery allows restoring the natural course of the intestine and significantly improves the quality of life of these patients.
Chair of Coloproctology of the Yerevan State Medical University. M. Heraci
Employees of the department
Karen L. Shahnazaryan - Assistant Professor, Chair of Coloproctology of Yerevan State Medical University. M. Heraci