The department of endocrinology of MC Erebouni provides the diagnostics and treatments of wide range of endocrine diseases. Diagnosis includes the extensive laboratory tests of hormonal profile of the patient, the visualization of the endocrine system's organs, detecting the presence of genetic factors of an endocrine disease in a patient, prescription of appropriate treatment.
Due to multidisciplinarity of Erebouni medical center it is possible to organize the consultations of endocrinological patients by different specialists included into a multidisciplinary team of specialists: cardiologists, ophthalmologists, nephrologists, nephrologists, endocrine surgeons, vascular surgeons, and other specialists, which significantly facilitates the process of diagnosis of the disease and promotes effective and comprehensive care.
The main principles of department's activity are the use of modern schemes of diagnosis and treatment of endocrine diseases in accordance with the principles of evidence-based medicine, active use of innovations and achievements in the practice of laboratory and instrumental methods of diagnosis that allow to accurate and timely detect the endocrine diseases:
- High-sensitive methods of definition of the hormones concentration
- Ultrasound examination
- X-ray (Turkish saddle, hands, spine)
- Scintigraphy (thyroid glands, parathyroid gland, whole body)
- Computed tomography (adrenal glands)
- Magnetic Resonance tomography (pituitary, adrenal glands)
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy (thyroid gland)
Experienced doctors-endocrinologists provides a specialized help to a wide range of patients with various disorders of the endocrine system:
- Diabetes mellitus - type I
- Diabetes mellitus – type 2
- Treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus: diabetic distal symmetric poly-neuropathy of lower extremities, diabetic angiopathy
Thyroid gland diseases:
- Iodine – deficiency disorders
- Graves' disease
- Autoimmune thyreoiditis – hashitoxicosis
- Subacute thyroiditis
- Diffuse Goiter
Diseases of parathyroid gland
Adrenal glands disfunctions
- Cushing's syndrome
- Adrenogenital syndrome
- Teenagers' physical and sexual development disorders
- Ovarian dysfunction
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Prolactinoma, acromegaly
- Diabetes insipidus
- Sheehan's syndrome
To improve the patient’s condition and increase the effectiveness of the treatment the specialists of the department offer the complex of therapeutic procedures based on the pharmacological treatment alongside with supporting protocols for physiotherapy, therapeutic gymnastics, and individually developed dietary recommendations for each patient.
In cases where the treatment of endocrinological diseases requires surgical intervention the Department of Endocrinology in close cooperation with the Department of Endocrine Surgery, Neurosurgery, General Surgery and other surgical departments organizes a series of complex and high-tech operations of pituitary, adrenal, parathyroid, pancreas, thyroid, mammary and genital glands .