Contemporary technology of endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations, stenotic lesions of the main arteries of the head and neck had been introduced into clinical practice in MC Erebouni in February 2014 as a part of the Department of Neurosurgery. In June 2015 in Erebouni MC was founded Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Service.
Due to activity of Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Service the quality of treatment of patients with vascular pathologies of the central nervous system is cardinally improved. This significantly improve the results of treatment and prevention of cerebral strokes, bringing them to the international index level.
- Saccular aneurysm
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Arteriovenous fistula (AVF), carotid cavernous fistula, (FCC)
- Carotid stenosis
- Stenosis of the vertebral arteries
- Stenosis of intracranial arteries
- Hypervascular tumor
- Acute ischemic stroke
Qualified specialists of the Department provide:
- high quality comprehensive diagnosis of the causes and mechanisms of transient ischemic attack and stroke,
- the special methods of treatment of stroke, including its complications,
- development of individual programs for the prevention of stroke.
During patients stay at the department they undergo to all necessary examinations to identify the presence and degree of atherosclerotic lesions of the main arteries of the brain:
- duplex scanning of carotid, vertebral, and intracranial arteries
- cerebral angiography
- transcranial Doppler
- detection of microemboli
- determination of hemodynamic reserve
- X-ray examination
Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Service performs following neuroangiological intervention
- Diagnostic cerebrovascular angiography
- Diagnostic spinal angiography
- Micro coil embolization (aneurysm, APS)
- Onyx embolization (AVM, AVF, hypervascular tumors)
- Balloon angioplasty of stenotic carotid, vertebral, and intracranial arteries
- stenting of stenotic carotid, vertebral, and intracranial arteries,
- Stent-assisted micro coil obliteration of aneurysms
- superselective intra-arterial administration of drugs (thrombolytic and antiplatelet in acute ischemic stroke, cerebral vasodilating in cerebral vasospasm occurred in subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- Mechanical thrombectomy (acute ischemic stroke)
Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Service as a part of the multi-disciplinary clinic that working closely with other departments of Erebouni MC provides specialized high-quality medical care to patients with cerebrovascular disease both isolated and in conjunction with the pathology of other organs and systems.
Close partnership with foreign specialists from the US, Canada, EU and Russia allow to optimize existing and develop new strategies for the treatment of cerebrovascular pathologies.